Re: dependency on ip still necessary?

Dan Williams wrote:
On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 15:16 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
Hi,

after todays merges of Benoit's patches to use libnl directly instead of ip, I was wondering why nm_generic_device_flush_ip4_routes_with_iface in src/backends/NetworkManagerGeneric.c still calls ip and wasn't ported to use libnl.

Because there were issues with that patch and VPN connections that I'm
sending more info to Benoit about.  The routing table is different with
that code than without it, and caused any traffic over VPN to return
EINVAL (even a ping to 4.2.2.1).

But the plan is to fix that up and kill usage of /sbin/ip entirely.

Cool, good to know.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?