Re: Network troubleshooting in 8.04

mohamed abu amna wrote:
I have a new Dell inspiron 1525 NB with vista preinstallation. I have installed Ubuntu 8.04 and failed completely to connect to the wireless network, where as this goes smoothly in Vista.. Opening the administrator and then the network does not offer the option of wireless networking. the network manager demands a */name/* and */bssids/* in the properties window.
Please I am new to this field, please help.
Which name should I supply?
What is bssids?
Thanks in advance

What device does your wireless use? You can see that from 'lspci -nvv'. Post only the part that describes your wireless. In addition, check the output of the dmesg command to see what it has to say.

Larry