Re: nm-system-settings problem

On Tuesday 13 May 2008 15:41:11 Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Gene Czarcinski (gene czarc net) said:
> > If /etc/sysconfig/network/scripts/ is the "correct" main directory, then
> > system-config-network should be "fixed" to also use it as the main
> > directory (I don't see s-c-network going away anytime soon).
>
> s-c-network uses the profile dir itself to maintain different profiles
> internally. The rest of the system does not directly access those profiles.

From what I saw with my very crude (big club) debug instrumentation in
ifcfg-defora/plugin.c, s-c-network is modifying the file
in /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ with hardlinks
in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
and /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/

I assume there can be other profiles (never used this feature myself) but I
would assume that they also have hardlinks to .../networking/devices/

--
Gene