Any success stories with latest SVNs on Ubuntu 8.04?

... anyone?

I've been pulling SVN regularly, applied all the Ubuntu-specific patches
or changes I could find, and yet I can't get this thing to let me select
what wired or wireless network I want via nm-applet.

All I get are grayed-out entries for "Wired" and "Wireless Networks",
nm-applet sometimes saves the networks I create, and sometimes not, and
in either case nm-applet doesn't see them as connection possibilities.

I used those files Tambet sent me and they're not seen by nm-applet.
I've even gone so far as to change anything that says "deny" related
to NM in /etc/dbus-1/system.d to "allow", nothing.

If anyone's got this running the SVN stuff running on a recent Ubuntu
build, *please* let me know.  I've been doing SW for a long time, but
I'm stuck. /etc/network/interfaces is wiped out save "auto lo".

Is there anything more to pull down than gnome-common, NetworkManager
and network-manager-applet?

I do have a wired connection and it's running, but it didn't come out
of being selected by nm-applet.

Also, why is it constantly trying to "start the supplicant" (even on an
active wired connection), and evidently failing (and I've updated
wpa_supplicant to v0.5.10).

Thanks guys,

	-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup  Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
O: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809      (888) 454-8181