Greyed-out "Wired/Wireless Networks" entries in NM

After having numerous issues with NM 0.6.6 that shipped with the Ubuntu
8.0.4 pre-release I'm running, I've grabbed the latest NM and nm-applet
from SVN. However, while I can add wired and wireless networks via
"Edit Networks", all the "network" entries when left-clicking on nm-applet
are grayed out and I can't connect to anything. I'm running the absolute
latest SVN (BTW, thanks for fixing that segfault from Tuesday, Dan!) and
running nm-applet and NetworkManager with --no-daemon don't turn up
anything much after startup, except quite a few of these:

----
NetworkManager: <info>  Trying to start the supplicant...
NetworkManager: <info>  Trying to start the system settings daemon...
---

A couple of questions:

- Should an "autogen"/"make"/"make" install on the various apps listed
  on the dev page (gnome-common/NM/nm-applet) be all that's necessary?
  I don't see where "NetworkManagerDispatcher" is being built, and I'm
  using the one from 0.6.6, which can't be right

- I had to make the change in /etc/dbus-1/system.d/nm-applet.conf to
  change the policy from "at_console" to "group=netdev" as I'd read on
  this list's archives. Is there anything else I'd need to do?

	-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup  Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
O: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809      (888) 454-8181