Re: Fedora 9 NetworkManager

A couple of weeks ago I installed the then Fedora 9 Beta on 2 AMD based
machines (1 - AMD Athlon XP +2400 and 1 - AMD Athlon 750 Mhz) and had all
sorts of issues with Network Manager and my wired network at home.  It's a
small network so all of my IP addresses are static (192.168.1.10/24).  From
that experience I sent several message to this list and I received several
good responses (Thanks Dan Williams and drago01).  I didn't respond with
the requested information because I wanted to try the install one more
time, which I did with out any errors!

The difference seems to be that the last install (using the same
installation media in all cases) was on a Intel Pentium 4 dual-core (a Dell
280).  I am looking for another Intel based machine so I can get a 2:2
comparison.

Could the process be using or referencing something that is slightly
different between the 2 micro-processor companies as it deals with
resolv.conf? But only during the installation because all 3 machines are
running perfectly post install.  Another thing is that I immediately
install WebMin, stop and turn-off NetworkManager, start and turn-on the
network daemon, manually update the resolv.conf.

Thanks,
Gene Poole