Re: problem of using network-manager-vpnc

Hi,

Thanks. So it has nothing to do with network manager, it is a good news.

But somehow, I don't have the "ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted" message. I pinged exactly the same IP as you. What I got is nothing, it seems that I has been blocked somewhere.

I think it can be the firewall of my company.

Just one question, I know somehow we should connect to port 10000. Does it means the port 10000 on my machine should be accessible from remote? Or the port 10000 of server should be accessible for me? Any idea of this?

cheers, Xin

Tom Sutherland a écrit :
I had a similar problem on my machine, but it had nothing to do with
network manager.

You might try verifying that firestarter (or other local firewall) is
not blocking the traffic - not sure why, but it seems to limit outbound
traffic on the tunnel interface.

When pinging to the remote side, I got replies that looked like this:

tsuther angrybutler999:~$ ping 200.200.203.232
PING 200.200.203.232 (200.200.203.232) 56(84) bytes of data.
ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted
ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted
ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted
ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted
ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted

--- 200.200.203.232 ping statistics ---
23 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 22084ms

Hopefully that helps,

Regards,
Tom