Re: problem of using network-manager-vpnc

I had a similar problem on my machine, but it had nothing to do with
network manager.

You might try verifying that firestarter (or other local firewall) is
not blocking the traffic - not sure why, but it seems to limit outbound
traffic on the tunnel interface.

When pinging to the remote side, I got replies that looked like this:

tsuther angrybutler999:~$ ping 200.200.203.232
PING 200.200.203.232 (200.200.203.232) 56(84) bytes of data.
ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted
ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted
ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted
ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted
ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted

--- 200.200.203.232 ping statistics ---
23 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 22084ms

Hopefully that helps,

Regards,
Tom