Converting wpa_supplicat.conf to NetworkManager setup

I've got a wpa_supplicat.conf file that can connect to my wireless network, but I can't figure out how to make NetworkManager use the same settings.  My wpa_supplicat.conf file looks like this:

# ap_scan=2
network={
    ssid="<my-ssid>"
    proto=WPA2
    key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
    eap=TLS
    identity="<my-id>"

# scan_ssid=1
    private_key="<my-key>"
    private_key_passwd="<my-password>"
    priority=1
}

I tried to setup a corresponding WPA2 Enterprise with the fields as you would expect, but when network manager connects it adds in the two commented lined above.  If I add those two lines to my wpa_supplicat.conf fie then I can't connect.  Does anybody know how to make NetworkManager use my wpa_supplicat.conf file above?

P.S.  One thought for the future would be to have a way to say, "when trying to connect to this ssid, use this conf file".  That would allow anybody who can make a wpa_supplicat.conf file that works able to use networkmanager (even if through a bit of a brute force method)