Re: Any USB dongle support?

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 10:58 -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> Dan Williams wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 07:50 -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> >
> >> Anyone have experience with any USB dongles?  Particularly ones that
> >> support WPA and use wext, not ndiswrapper?
> >>

> > Anything zd1211 related should work pretty well.  There are a _lot_ of
> > those out there:
> >
> > http://www.linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/zd1211rw/devices
> Oh, thank you!!!!
>
> I have been looking for this information for a long time browsing around
> and asking over on the Centos list.

Shoot, I forgot you were on CentOS.  There, you don't have any options
at all, really.  There are no USB devices that do WPA that will work
with CentOS, because the kernel is fairly old, and because with the
mac80211 backport that Linville did, we are only supporting iwl4965 as a
tech preview for now.