Re: ppp support

On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 13:35 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 21:35 +0300, Vitja Makarov wrote:
> > We can use maemo database and create ours one, that users can import
> > they settings into.
> > There is file /etc/operator_settings on maemo, but it's not in sdk,
> > and I was unable to find package for that. So I think that this is
> > Nokia propriety. By the other way I don't think they might to own that
> > kind of knowledge. So we can use it, btw I have n800 and I've paid for
> > /etc/operatiors_settings why can't I share it?
>
> It seems kind of like phonebooks, which at least in the US you cannot
> copyright.  However, that's not necessarily the case for the rest of the
> world, and we'd need to get lawyer sign-off for something like that.
> Or, we could just use Bastien's suggestion of GPRS Easy Connect's list.

Here's the data from GPRS Easy Connect in a useful (easily parsable)
form.

Countries are using ISO 3166 names, so translatable using iso-codes.

The "identifiers" are probably unneeded, and the "types" are probably a
bit crap (what do you think?).

We can easily get a list of supported countries, and then list the few
operators in that country in the form "name - type".

Useful?

Cheers

PS: I'm not sharing the crappy Perl script used to generate that, it's
too crappy