Including Network Manager configs in LiveCD

Hello,

I am hoping someone out there has some experience with Network Manager and livecd-creator.  I am trying to create a Live CD which includes VPN connection information for Network Manager.  Where in the system do the network configuration files reside (i.e. the files containing connection name, connection IP address, certificate file location, etc.)?  I want to be sure I have all pertinent config files related to a specific VPN connection, so I can copy them onto the Live CD's file system in the kickstart post install script.

More specifically, I am looking for some detailed information on where I need to place the config files on the LiveCD's file system so that I have an available connection to our VPN on logging in.

I have tried filling in user-specific information from ~/.gconf/system/networking/connections on a system with a working VPN connection into /etc/skel on the LiveCD, hoping that when I boot up the CD and log in to my user account, these settings will have been copied into the user's home directory and the connection will be active.  When I create the LiveCD in Fedora 8, the connection only works when I log out, then log back into that user.  When I create the CD in Fedora 9, the connection does not work at all (even when I log out and back in).  I can see that the config files were copied from /etc/skel to where I expected in the .gconf directory within the home directory.

If anyone has anything they can share about the Live CD boot process and how it relates to starting Network Manager, I'd be most appreciative.  I have also posted this query on the LiveCD mailing list.

Thanks much,
Todd