Re: NM connects once, but cannot reconnect later

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the reply.

On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 10:16 +0200, Alexander Sack wrote:
> This looks like a real 'FAIL' response from wpasupplicant. Thus, I'd
> say that its a wpasupplicant issue most likely caused by driver
> peculiarities.

Then why would wpa_supplicant work independently? I'm not
second-guessing you, I'm just interested in learning how the pieces fit
together here.

> Does the supplicant log tell you more?

Where would I find such a log when wpa_supplicant is being run by NM?
This has been one of the difficulties in tracking this down. The only
thing I get in /v/l/daemon or /v/l/messages is the NM info I posted. I
know how to run wpa_supplicant independently as a foreground process and
catch all of its debugging messages that way, but it doesn't fail that
way. It only fails when run by NM and then it doesn't produce any log as
far as I can tell. Is there a switch I can flip somewhere to see the
supplicant's log?

> Did you file a Debian bug for this?

I haven't so far, mostly because I don't really know what package the
problem belongs to. I'll be happy to file a bug report once I know where
to put it and can provide some more helpful info to the devs.

--Todd