Re: Mobile Broadband with custom init strings

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 13:57 +0200, Peter Podbevšek wrote:
> I recently instaled F9 with NetworkManager 0.7.0. I use my Nokia 3G mobile phone with ppp to connect to the internet. NM now has a "Mobile Broadband" option to connect through such devices. I succesfully added my phone to the fdi file. When I try to connect I see the phone is trying to connect, however, the connection is unsuccesful. When connecting through wvdial I use quite different init strings (ATZ, AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet") for the mobile phone modem from what NM uses. Is it possible to change these settings somewhere? I could find any options in the GUI or a config file with the settings.

You should be able to add your APN (ie, "internet") to the "APN" box in
the connection editor for this connection, and latest SVN snapshots will
send the APN to your phone/3g card.  This is what wvdial is doing here.
I'm going to post a new testing snapshot for F9 this week or next that
will contain the APN support.

Thanks,
Dan