Re: network manager problem

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 03:24 -0700, Olaniyi Moluga wrote:
> Hi
>
> Am new to fedora and linux but last nite i tried enabling my network
> manager to enable me to connect to the wireless network which did work
> out.i later tried the update manager to update my fedora8 while doing
> the update the current went off and my pc was off.when i rebooted the
> pc i discovered that while fedora was booting it stated network deamon
> failed.I went to enable my network mananger but it said network
> manager dead but pid is running.wat do i do?I would be grateful is my
> problem is resolved.

What version of NetworkManager are you running on your Fedora 8 machine?

Jump to a terminal and run "rpm -qv NetworkManager" and stick the result
into a reply.  You may want to update to a testing version that I will
soon push as an official F8 update, but we'll see once I know what
version you're running.

Thanks!