Re: network manager problem

Olaniyi Moluga wrote:
> Hi
> Am new to fedora and linux but last nite i tried enabling my network
> manager to enable me to connect to the wireless network which did work
> out.i later tried the update manager to update my fedora8 while doing
> the update the current went off and my pc was off.when i rebooted the pc
> i discovered that while fedora was booting it stated network deamon
> failed.I went to enable my network mananger but it said network manager
> dead but pid is running.wat do i do?I would be grateful is my problem is
> resolved.

Look in /var/run/NetworkManager and delete the .pid files there.

Restart the daemons using service <name> start and it should all work
again. You need to start NetworkManager and NetworkManagerDispatcher.

Oh and please arrange to wrap your lines at somewhere about 70-75
characters, the line you wrote was a single line and massively long

--

Brian