Re: [ubuntu/debian] monitoring woes of /etc/network/interfaces...

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 02:41 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Dan Williams wrote:
>

> > The downsides of course are that (a) you have to teach your GUI tools
> > that might modify the config files about NetworkManager, and (b) you
> > have to create a wrapper around dbus-send for CLI sysadmins so they
> > don't have to type the entire dbus-send command.
>
> The init script could have "reload" action, which does just that: Reload
> the whole configuration.

Well, you don't want to necessarily reload the system config settings if
you just dropped a VPN .name file in, because then if you had not
finished changing a system config setting it would get sucked in when
you didn't want it to.  We'd have to have at least 2 different reload
commands if we did this.

dan