Cannot connect to a VPN using the pptp plugin

Hi all,

I'm using networkmanager-0.6.6 and networkmanager-pptp-0.1.0_p20070726
on a Gentoo GNU/Linux system.  I really like it a lot.  It has never
been so easy to connect to my wireless home lan (WPA2) before, so thanks
a lot for your work.

Anyway, at my university I have to connect to a PPTP VPN in order to use
all services via the wireless network.  So I've installed the pptp
plugin.  Now nm-applet contains a "VPN Connections >" entry, but when I
click "VPN Connections > Configure VPN..." nothing happens.

How can I debug what's wrong here?  If I start nm-applet in a terminal,
no messages are logged when I click the "Configure VPN..." entry...

Bye,
Tassilo