Re: Monitor wireless signal on manual mode

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 22:18 -0300, Gabriel Ortiz Lour wrote:
> Hi all,
> I was wondering how could I monitor the wireless signal on the NM tray
> icon when I am with the network manually configured, just like when
> its in roaming mode.

There are other tools that can do this...  NetworkManager doesn't know
anything about devices that you've told it to ignore, precisely because
you've told it to ignore them.  I think the gnome network tools applet
has an option to track signal strength on a specific wireless interface,
that might be something to check out.

dan