Re: how do i tell NM to use eth1 instead of wlan0?

Derek wrote:

> Can someone please suggest how I can get NM to use the eth1 device?

If you want to get the rt2500 device working, I'd suggest trying
compat-wireless assuming that your kernel is later than 2.6.22.

If addition then try creating an
etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 file and ensure there is a
NM_CONTROLLED=yes statement in it. You can also put NM_CONTROLLED=no in
ifcfg-wlan0 to stop NM using this device, but if the compat-wireless
idea works then you won't need the Lucent card.

--

Brian