Re: 3G; wireless auth; policies; docs

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 17:53 -0300, rotru br ibm com wrote:

> Thanks for the quick answer.
>
> The --with-docs tag worked but spec.html is generated only when I run
> 'make' for
> the second time. In the first time it gives me this error and stops
> the compilation:
>
> """
> xsltproc --xinclude --nonet tools/doc-generator.xsl
> introspection/all.xml > docs/spec.html
> ERR: Unable to find type 'NM_DEVICE_STATE_REASON'
> make: *** [docs/spec.html] Error 10
> """

Good catch, I need to update the docs for state reasons.

> Also, the spec file generated has few methods/signals ... only for
> interfaces org.freedesktop.NetworkManager,
> org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.AccessPoint and
> org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Device. Is this right ?

No, sounds wrong.  I'll look into it.

> I know that documentation is not the major priority now, but I'm
> looking for a way to make Network Manager
> connects to a given wireless (SSID). Any ideas ?

A pointer would be cnetworkmanager, or the applet itself.  Will this
functionality be run concurrently with nm-applet, or are you looking to
replace nm-applet?  Are you by chance implementing the "Connect" button
in the connection editor for Grant or John W.? :)

Dan