new avahi autoip stuff not working for me

hi,

not sure what's wrong here, but after todays change to the autoip code
(now using avahi-autoipd), nm just gives me a "disconnected"
notification immediately when i try to activate an autoip connection.
so i tried running avahi-autoipd in a terminal, which gives me this
weird error:

$ sudo avahi-autoipd eth0
Failed to find user 'avahi-autoipd'.

what's with the user thing? is my distro doing stuff wrong and if so,
what's that? or is avahi broken?

greetz,
björn