NM 0.7 Debian Lenny - strangest issue... (Update)

So, it's solved... well, sort of. Maybe this is a known issue, I was reading about alot of problems with resolvconf. Basically, today at work using a wired connection I was able to reproduce the issue below. Being able to connect, get an IP, and even use the IP but completely unable to resolve any IP to name. I found I was able to connect flawlessly to websites using their specific IP and not the Domain Name. So, that pretty much narrows down the problem to a resolving issue with the DNS.

Bottomline, I uninstalled resolvconf - maybe not the most elegant solution... but nm 0.7 works fine now. I don't know how long I'll be able to leave it like this, but at least the problem is located.

Are there any ideas or workarounds for this situation?

Thanks
Daniel

Daniel Caleb wrote:
Ok, I've been all over google looking for the answer to this - so if it gets answered in 3 lines, I'm going to kick my own a$$...

I've been struggling with getting nm 0.7 installed, and working, on Debian Lenny. I'm using Bielb's repos the 0.7.0~svn3758-1, or at least trying... a 2.6.25-4 kernel, and a broadcom 4306 wireless card. With NM 0.6.6 everything works as expected.

I am trying to connect to an open wireless AP, the applet reports a connection and everything seems to be fine... I can ping the gateway, I can ping public DNS servers (4.2.2.1 & .2). It would appear I am getting out... However, if I do a nslookup or open a browser - no love. nslookup reports connection timeout, and hitting a web page gives a similar result.

I have tried editing the dbus-1/system.d/ files to ALLOW on all instances of DENY, and that did not help - I don't even know if those problems are related however I was out of other things to try... :) The only noticeable entry in syslog after the connection is made is:

Jul 6 01:27:38 allone NetworkManager: <info> DHCP returned name servers but system has disabled dynamic modification!

& this one:

Jul 6 01:27:38 allone NetworkManager: <WARN> check_one_route(): (wlan0) error -34 returned from rtnl_route_del(): Missing link name TLV (errno = Invalid argument)

--- Also, perhaps related, perhaps not... when I launch the nm-applet I get GTK assertion failures, however everything seems to function. The connection editor will crash repeatedly though when trying to modify the current connection. Also, nm-applet had to be restarted in order for settings to take effect.

Tonight I needed my wireless so I am back to 0.6.6, however tomorrow while at work I can get on the wired lan and continue to try to get 0.7 up. If you guys have any ideas I'd love to hear them...

Thanks
Daniel