Re: cannot connect to the internet after resume

Which distribution are you using? Is the driver called ath_pci or ath5k?

I had a similar problem, and discovered that you also have to kill
wpa_supplicant.
So as a temporary workaround you could try something like the following:

rmmod ath_pci (or rmmod ath5k)
killall wpa_supplicant
modprobe ath_pci (or modprobe ath5k)
service NetworkManager restart