Re: missing config.sub and config.guess

Gabriele Monti wrote:
That's what I did, I run autogen.sh and I got that error...Here is the complete log:

gabriele passenger:~/network-manager-applet$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
/usr/bin/gnome-autogen.sh
checking for autoconf >= 2.53...
  testing autoconf2.50... not found.
  testing autoconf... found 2.61
checking for automake >= 1.7...
  testing automake-1.10... found 1.10
checking for libtool >= 1.5...
  testing libtoolize... found 1.5.24
checking for glib-gettext >= 2.2.0...
  testing glib-gettextize... found 2.14.1
checking for intltool >= 0.30...
  testing intltoolize... found 0.36.2
checking for pkg-config >= 0.14.0...
  testing pkg-config... found 0.22
Checking for required M4 macros...
Checking for forbidden M4 macros...
Processing ./configure.ac
Running libtoolize...
Running glib-gettextize... Ignore non-fatal messages.
Copying file mkinstalldirs
Copying file po/Makefile.in.in

Please add the files
  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
  progtest.m4
from the /aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

Running intltoolize...
Running aclocal-1.10...
Running autoconf...
Running autoheader...
Running automake-1.10...
Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var ...
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
configure: error: cannot run /bin/bash ./config.sub
gabriele passenger:~/network-manager-applet$

Thanks

Michael Biebl ha scritto:
Gabriele Monti wrote:
Hi,
I downloaded the last svn version of network-manager-gnome and
config.guess and config.sub files are missing. Even if I copy them from
automake I get this error:

configure: error: cannot run /bin/bash ./config.sub

If you are compiling from SVN, please run ./autogen.sh as first step.

Works fine here. ./autogen.sh copies config.(guess,sub) as expected.
Which version of gnome-common do you have?
Maybe it helps to start with fresh svn checkout.

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?