Re: Autostarting NetworkManager in Fedora 8 prevents sshd to start properly

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007, 11:47 GMT-05 Dan Williams wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 00:47 +0100, Robert Allerstorfer wrote:

>> OK - the NetworkManager service thus should currently NOT be set
>> autostarted on Fedora 8 using NM 0.7 svn3109. I cannot start NM at all
>> to get a wireless WPA2-personal connection with my BCM 4306 card. If
>> NM is started, wpa_supplicant 0.5.7 fails to associate with the AP.

> What do you mean here?  NM handles all interaction with the supplicant;
> if you're using NetworkManager you don't need to configure or run a
> separate copy of the supplicant (and in fact NM will use the running
> copy if it was started with the -u option and is present on the system
> bus).

Yes, NM *should* interact with wpa_supplicant, however, that never
worked with my Broadcom card to connect to a WPA2-Personal protected
access point. Thus, I cannot use NM at all. If I just autostart
wpa_supplicant as a service, I can successfully activate wlan0 via
system-config-network.

rob.