Re: Looking for NetworkManager/DNS server interaction documentation

On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 12:00 +0100, Steinar Bang wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've reported this Ubuntu issue:
>  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dnsmasq/+bug/192643
> titled "dnsmasq with enable-dbus doesn't work properly with
> NetworkManager".
>
> The maintainer have requested documentation for how NetworkManager and
> dnsmasq are supposed to play together.  Google isn't able to find me
> much (there is almost no documentation on the NetworkManager home page,
> there is some Ubuntu wiki stuff, that seems to be outdated).

The documentation is whatever was available with the D-Bus-enabled
named, really.  NetworkManager implemented that interface if the named
D-Bus service was running, which essentially includes adding and
removing forwarders from zones as done in
src/named-manager/nm-named-manager.c.

> Does anyone have documentation pointers I could add to the Ubuntu issue?
> Are there eg. some documents checked into SVN that are available from a
> repository browser.

Not really; but I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.