Re: 0.7.0 anytime soon?

On Monday 11 February 2008 06:12:39 am Dan Williams wrote:
> At the moment, through system-config-network, which only supports WEP
> and unencrypted networks.  I'm working on adding support to the config
> file format for WPA and dynamic WEP stuff.  So if you set up a wireless
> connection through s-c-n, NM should find it.

As far as I understood, WPA-PSK cannot be used via system-config-network
for now? Then probably, the fact that my AP is configured for WPA-PSK is
the reason I have problems configuring it via s-c-n.

The problem is that I can't get it working through the s-c-n, for some
mysterious reasons: I enter the same passphrase as I enter into
nm-applet's prompt. The AP is associated with; but the 'dhclient eth1'
(run as a part of 'ifup eth1') just hangs indefinitely.
In /var/log/messages, there are repeated DHCPREQUEST lines logged. The
same card/AP/passphrase work with NM, though.

Googling for this problem suggested wrong key being supplied. I modified
NM to output the passphrase it supplies to wpa_supplicant in clear text
into /var/log/messages; it was the same as the one I entered into s-c-n
(tried both ASCII and HEX variants).

It would be nice if I could ask NM to publish its settings into system:
e.g. have a check box in the passphrase dialog that instructs it to
publish the settings system-wide.

Thanks,
Alexey.