Re: Thanks for all bugs-fixed release!

On Sun, 2008-12-28 at 21:20 +0200, Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> I just updated the NM to latest version for ubuntu ppa, and all, I meant
> all bugs have disappeared:
>
> 1 - system settings work as they should.
>
> 2 - IBSS + WPA seems to work (I don't have a second system near me to
> test, but at least iwconfig shows an ad-hoc network and WPA keys
> enabled)
>
> 3 - no more password reuse when PPP connection fails, also PPP
> connection works if I select 'use echo packets' now, and this might be
> the reason it did break often before.
>
> 4 - the dialog 'you have been connected' now correctly disappears, I
> thought that this was a compiz related bug, now I see that fixed.
>
> Not bad for a release, ah?
>
> Now if you were to implement L2TP, it would be great, but for now PPP
> works for me.
>
> Also I noticed another very annoying problem, but I can live with it.
>
> Out university has a university wide wireless network that obliviously
> contains may aps.
>
> NM seems to peek that strongest one, and if the connection fails, it
> doesn't retry with other ones.
>
> The problem is that it seems that signal strength is wrong sometimes,
> and of two aps with similar strength one works, and another doesn't.
>
> Association always succeeds, but DHCP doesn't.
>
> So could you add to NM the possibility to retry with another AP if the
> current failed?
>

> Also, it would be nice to refresh AP list after suspend to ram/disk.
>
> Usually to connect I have to issue 'sudo iwlist scan' for that and this
> is annoying.
>

> Thanks and best regards,
> 	Maxim Levitsky

Small notes:

WEP IBSS probably still doesn't work, still on first try it doesn't set
they key.

WPA IBSS has some strange issue, on second try (first one seem to work
like I said, but on second try it says it can't start dnsmasq.

Also it seems that now NM is less prone to creating bogus connections
with same name.

Btw, now the create new network shows only ibss nwtworks, but how about
hiding them from 'connect to hidden network' ?

Also currently the connection name almost isn't shown anywhere, it would
be correct to show it in network drop down  list instead of bssid.

Thanks again, best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky