Re: Changing Default APNs for 3G Operators?

ke, 2008-12-24 kello 13:22 +0000, Shriansh Shrivastava kirjoitti:

> Hey All,
> I'm in Ericsson Ltd, and we work closely with 3G Operators in areas of
> HSDPA modem testing. We test our modems with NetworkManager, and one
> of the observations we have is that the APNs for some operators
> (especially the one we test with - Hutchison 3G) are not current.
> Operator is quite concerned, because in the long run, IF the old APNs
> are made inactive, it'll affect Linux Modem users majorly. Any idea
> who I can get in touch with/what the process is for getting this issue
> sorted in the next release of NetworkManager?
> --Shriansh Shrivastava
> Ericsson Ltd.

Great news that you are willing to help!
I assume you are using Ubuntu, right? If so then I'm your man :)

Service provider database is maintained in
mobile-broadband-provider-info module. Here's the instructions how to
update the information:
http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/MobileBroadband/ServiceProviders

I'm sure you guys can also help with this bug:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/mobile-broadband-provider-info/+bug/282155

Thanks!
 -- Antti