Re: Bluetooth support

It is surprising that something that can be relatively easily achieved by editing a couple of config files plus running a couple of simple instructions on the command line, may not be achieved with the whole might of the NM framework.

I am new to GNOME hacking, so I would not know the solutions to the issues you have mentioned, but I will continue to look into it just in case I might get lucky. Please, let me know if you happen to have progress on this.

Marry Christmas,
Jos

Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
I've been working on it up until recently. The main wall that I've hit is that NMDevice assumes that the "device" (whatever that means; in bluetooth land, its not so clear) lifecycle is greater than the NMDevice lifecycle and that the device exists in HAL. I've not really found a way around that, but perhaps dcbw would like to comment...

Nathaniel