Re: connect at boot

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 07:59:34 -0500
Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> In C using glib.  Or you can use the 'keyfile' plugin too.
Yes, I'm trying to use the keyfile plugin now ;-) I think it would be nice if Arch Linux has a plugin too.

> Were you asked to authenticate yourself when you ticked the box?
Yes, when I try to edit a connection gnome-keyring asks me the password for 'default keyring'. But it accepts only the password I set as a user. I think because that user does not have the rights to make connections available to all users the apply button is disabled. But why does gnome-keyring authenticate me as a user when I started nm-connection-editor as root?

> The box should be insensitive if you don't have privileges (via PolicyKit)
> to make connections available to all users.  If you didn't get a asked
> for a password, then presumably you're already authenticated.  Can you
> run 'nm-connection-editor' from a terminal and capture the log output
> too?
There are just some gtk-warning in the log output.

Thank you for your time!

Johan