nm-0.7 vs network-admin

Just a small puzzle I'm having a hard time resolving sanely. It has to do with wireless, and the new network-manager. Powering off the wireless device when you disable network-manager makes it rather impossible to use "network-admin" with your wireless device, at least on my Ubuntu Hardy system.

Does anyone know how this could be worked around?

Fanen Ahua
Random quote: Truth has no special time of its own. Its hour is now -- always. -- Albert Schweitzer