Re: PPTP VPN plugin resurrected from the dead (Ubuntu Packages)

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 12:00:23PM -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 16:09 +0200, Bjorge Solli wrote:
> > Dan Williams wrote:
> > > And committed to SVN trunk.  Try it out, file bugs, send email to the
> > > list whne stuff doesn't work.  I tested briefly against a Windows 2000
> > > Server install and it seemed to go OK.
> >
> > I'm interested in trying this. I'm using Fedora 8 and standard NM. Do I
> > need to compile a newer version to use pptp?
>
> Test builds have been built in koji for F8 for a while, but koji is down
> at the moment due to the ongoing Fedora infrastructure issues.  It'll
> come out as an update to F8.  If you'd like to compile yourself, I can
> send you the SRPMs that I uploaded to the Fedora buildsystem until koji
> comes back online.

FWIW, for ubuntu test packages are available in intrepid. The vpn
packages are based on a snapshot taken on 18th Aug.

In case you are running hardy you can get them together with
various other NM 0.7 related bits from the network-manager team PPA:

  http://launchpad.net/~network-manager/+archive

p.s. I have no environment to test pptp, so feedback highly
appreciated.

 - Alexander