Re: [Suggestion] Specify additional DHCP options?

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 09:23 +0100, The Holy ettlz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just trying out NetworkManager-0.7.0-0.11.svn3930.fc8 from Koji.
> send-hostname seems to be working great --- nice.
>
> You know, it might be useful (in the future) if there were a way to
> specify extra DHCP options via the GUI (or system settings?) to retrieve
> from the server, and expose them in the usual manner.

Maybe; but we do want to draw a line somewhere between overloading the
GUI with options and dropping to a text editor.  You can actually put
the options you'd like into /etc/dhclient-<interface name>.conf and NM
should merge them into the dhclient config it uses when bringing up the
device.  Granted, it might be nice to have different options on a
per-connection basis though.