Re: serial connections

I looked now at cdc-acm and found that some devices define cdc acm
proto subclass that could be one of:

- V25TER (my phone has this)
- PCCA101
- PCCA101-WAKE
- GSM
- 3G
- CDMA

I think this could be added to hal-info to provide device info.
But my phone is definitely GSM, I don't know anout .V25ter,
but it seems to be not only GSM modem.

In case of modem devices that could be possible to use dynamic probing:

my phone says this:
< AT+GCAP
> +GCAP: +CGSM,+DS,+W

But in case of all other chips such as cp2101, ftdio_sio, cypress_m5 and so on,
that should be bad idea to probe them. I not very familar with mobile phones,
but I have a wild guess that they all CDC_ACM modems, and that should be
very good.

Btw HAL could get some info based on USB info, and if unsure try to
probe the device.
Isn't that a good idea?

vitja.