Re: serial connections

Hi,

ma, 2008-04-28 kello 09:16 +0400, Vitja Makarov kirjoitti:
> Hi!
>
> Will it be possible to manually specify serial interface for broadband
> connection, as well as its type.
> I don't think hal could take care of all the mobile phones. It
> couldn't guess what is attached to RS-232 port which could be
> still used. That should make bluethooth integration easy.

atleast my assistant will have an option to specify an arbitrary path
for serial interface. And naturally I want to see NetworkManager
supporting this also.

> What is the right way to go?

IMHO, Bluetooth binding should be left to BlueZ to handle.
NetworkManager would pass a binding request over D-BUS to BlueZ and
BlueZ would return the path to the correct char device under /dev/..

 -- Antti