Re: Is Ignore interfaces supported?

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 17:49:14 +0000 (UTC)
Nick Byrne <nicholas byrne quadriga com> wrote:

> Great, almost :) I am using fedora 8 and NM 0.8. Where
> do i "unmanage the device" there are no options available
> in nm-applet that i can see  to do this.
> Where do i set 'autoconnect=no'? Where is the config
> for NM to be found - can you point me to a reference
> for it? Thanks

In the ifcfg-<device> file, I think you add a line that reads:

"NM_CONTROLLED=no"

this is in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts of course.

--

Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."

GnuPG key ID DE32E5C5 - http://wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/wwwkeys.html