One more question about device activation (trunk)

Hi,

just stumbled across an issue while playing around with wireless connections
in KNM.

Why does NM require specific_object to be set when connecting to a wireless
network? Shouldn't the wireless and security settings suffice? What if I want
to connect to a hidden network where no AP is available yet?

In my opinion NM should (if no AP is specified) try to find one in its AP-list
which fits best the connection's settings and use this one (for hidden
networks of course no AP should be used). I think there was some code in NM
which had this behaviour before?

Thanks,
Helmut