Re: Explanation of killswitch related messages.

Rogue escrib�
> Hi Brian,
>
> Brian Millett wrote:
>> 1) make sure that the dcdbas is loaded by doing a 'lsmod | grep dcdbas'
>> if not, then do 'modprobe dcdbas'
>
> [root Xymnotune ~]# lsmod | grep dcdbas
> dcdbas                 12257  0
>
>> 2) make sure that the killswitch is turned on in the bios.
>
> I think it is on, cause, I can turn it on/off using Fn + F2
>
>> You do have a dell?  I don't have bluetooth on my d820, but I had to make sure
>> that the switch was enabled in the bios.
>
> Yup, Dell D810
>
>> 3) what does '/usr/bin/dellWirelessCtl --version' return?
>>
>> Libsmbios version:    0.13.10
>> dellWirelessCtl version: 0.3.0
>
> Same here!
>
> Any more ideas?

Well, on the d820, the kill switch is on the side, a slide type switch.

I found this info:
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-desktops/2007-March/000231.html

I wonder if the dellWirelessCtl will only work on those who have a hardware
switch.  So maybe the real answer is to create your own /usr/bin/dellWirelessCtl
that does nothing so the error message goes away.

I guess I'm fresh out of ideas.

--
Brian Millett - [ Laurel Takeshima, "The Gathering"]
"We were talking the other day about how nobody's seen a Vorlon before