Debugging as root

Hi,
I'm sorry for asking this stupid question but, anyway...
I'm looking at network-manager code and trying to debug it with Anjuta to figure out how it works, I was wondering how to run it as root. I googled for "anjuta debug root" but didn't find any answer, I don't want to run the whole Anjuta as root...How do you guys debug it? Any cleverer IDE?

thanks

Gabriele Monti
Ph. D. Student
Department of Electronics, Computer Sciences and Systems (DEIS)
University of Bologna
Via Venezia, 52, I-47023 Cesena (FC)
e-mail: gabriele monti4  unibo it
http://www-db.deis.unibo.it/~gmonti