Network Manager doesn't work an b9rks keyboard

Hi, all.

I have got a serious problem eith Networkmanager: Whenever I Try to
connect to my wireless network, it just b0rks the keyboard. That means
that any attempts to press any key (even ctrl+alt+backspace) are
ignored. The Mouse still works as expected. If I then try to reboot the
computer, It hangs on rebooting. In this situation, magic sysreq works,
but a "ctrl+alt+printscreen+b" doesn't restart the computer, but works
as expected.

If I do this manually:

# ifconfig wlan0 up
# wpa_supplicant -B -iwlan0 -Dwext -c/etc/.../wpa_supplicant.conf
# dhcpc wlan0

then my wireless comes up, without problems. The network is Wpa
encrypted. (WPA2-PSK)

Here is some system information:

kernel 2.6.23-rc4
wireless driver: bcm43xx (eth1 changed to wlan0 per udev rule!)
gnome DE with compiz-fusion 0.5.2 an beryl 0.5.2

x86_64 architecture

The distro is Gentoo unstable

Sincerly,

Thomas