Re: Incessant connection/deconnection

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Alain J.F. Pech wrote:

I run Fedora 7 with NDISwrapper. System incessantly connect to internet
for a while, then disconnect, then reconnect, then disconnect and so on ...
I noticed in /var/log/messages the following :
Oct 22 13:37:34 localhost NetworkManager: <info>  nm-netlink-monitor.c -
nm_netlink_monitor_event_handler (724) netlink reports device wlan0 link
now 0

I am running wicd, not networkmanager, but I have the same problem at home
only.  In my case, I tracked it down to the cheap ($20US) Trendnet WAP.  It
reboots itself every 20 minutes.  You can see the lights do the power-on
self test thing.  YMMV

(When it gets annoying enough, I'll buy a Linksys WRT54L.)

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>