is there any way to let nm use my custom wpa_supplicant.conf file for connecting?

hi,

after severall hours of googeling i decide�t to ask you. i am able to
connect to my wpa/tkip peap wlan via wpa_supplicant using the -Dwext
switch. but i am not able to connect via nm-applet. i�ve tryed every
possible configuration. so is there any way to tell nm-applet to use my
config file or is there a list of parameters for the networkentry in
gconf available? using nm 0.6.5 with ubuntu 7.10 and a intel wificard
with the iwl4965 module.

thanks a lot for any reply!!!

kind regards
mallek