Re: "login" keyring

Dan Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 23:25 +0200, Giovanni Lovato wrote:
>> Dan Williams wrote:

>>> Wow.
>>>
>>> I've never seen an AP advertise in the WPA IE before that it only
>>> supports WEP + 802.1x.  Usually those APs don't advertise that.  Can you
>>> tell me the model and vendor of the AP you're using?
>>>
>>> I think technically, it's illegal to advertise WPA capability with only
>>> WEP ciphers.  AFAIK WEP is allowed for the Group cipher, but you cannot
>>> use WEP as a pairwise cipher with WPA, since WPA requires either TKIP or
>>> CCMP or both as pairwise ciphers.  This configuration is essentially
>>> "Dynamic WEP".  So it's not surprising that NM will get this config
>>> wrong, but it's a bug in NM that should probably get fixed.
>>>
>>> All that said though, it would be great if all Dynamic WEP access points
>>> advertised like this, because then NM can make a better guess as to what
>>> type of authentication the AP supports.  Seems like a case of a vendor
>>> not quite understanding how to go about advertising AP capability...
>> The AP is a USR 9106. The fact is that it always worked (and works) with
>> NM 0.6.4; also notice I have the same problem on another wireless
>> network with the newer DWL-2200AP. So I think my problem isn't related
>> to the APs...
>
> Does the DWL-2200AP 'iwlist' output look the same?

DWL-2200AP supports both WPA1/2, this is the output:

          Cell 04 - Address: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
                    ESSID:"Telperion"
                    Protocol:IEEE 802.11bg
                    Mode:Master
                    Channel:13
                    Frequency:2.472 GHz (Channel 13)
                    Encryption key:on
                    Bit Rates:1 Mb/s; 2 Mb/s; 5.5 Mb/s; 9 Mb/s; 11 Mb/s
                              6 Mb/s; 12 Mb/s; 18 Mb/s; 24 Mb/s; 36 Mb/s
                              48 Mb/s; 54 Mb/s
                    Quality=38/100  Signal level=-86 dBm  Noise
level=-86 dBm
                    IE: WPA Version 1
                        Group Cipher : WEP-40
                        Pairwise Ciphers (2) : WEP-40 TKIP
                        Authentication Suites (1) : 802.1x
                    IE: IEEE 802.11i/WPA2 Version 1
                        Group Cipher : WEP-40
                        Pairwise Ciphers (2) : WEP-40 TKIP
                        Authentication Suites (1) : 802.1x
                       Preauthentication Supported
                    Extra: Last beacon: 7332ms ago

It also supports Multi-SSID, I need it so it's enabled.
I want to recall that I had no problem connecting with NM 0.6.4, nor
with wpa_supplicant or Windows XP at this time.

G.L.
--
mail: giovanni lovato aldu net
web: http://heruan.my.aldu.net