VPN via UMTS (ppp0)?

Hi,

since this is my first posting at this list I'd like to greatly thank you for providing and maintaining NetworkManager. I'm using it and other free software every day and I'm very happy with it in general.

I'm using NetworkManager to establish VPN connections when being connected via LAN or DSL (eth0 interface). On the other hand, I'm using an UMTS card (which brings up a ppp0 interface) which works, i.e., for browsing the web.

Now when the network cable is unplugged, internet still works because of the ppp0 connection. The problem is, NetworkManager's "My VPN Connection" has disappeared, thus not letting me establish VPN connections.

Is this by design or is there anything I can do about it.

Robert