Re: DHCP, VPN and resolv.conf

On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 13:17 -0500, Jason Martens wrote:
> Hey all,
>    I'm using nm-6.5 in debian testing, and there is a problem with VPN
> and dns.  I connect with vpn, but after a while, the dns settings from
> vpn are overwritten with the dns settings from the wireless network.
> The DNS should not change while the vpn is connected, even if dhcp
> renews it's lease.  Make sense?  Should I file a bug somewhere?

Can you get output from NM?  It goes to wherever syslog will put it.
The DNS settings shouldn't change unless NM thinks that the VPN
connection has dropped.  Also, I think debian uses resolvconf, and
something else may be poking resolvconf to overwrite the VPN settings.
NM logs would help determine whether it's NM rewriting /etc/resolv.conf,
or whether something else is the culprit through resolvconf.

Dan