Problems with ipw3945

Hi,

on my notebook I'm trying to user NM to access wireless networks.
There is a larger problem with setting essids and
associating/disassociating
to APs.

Apparently the card assumes to interpret the essid "" (empty) to be *any*.
Therefore it associates immediately to the next ap.
I watched this with iwevent.
Nm first sets the essid to "" to disassociate, later it sets the id, I
selected
in the menu. But the card is already associated by the "" setting and
NM waits forever for an association event after setting the id.

The current lousy workaround is to set an ID "blurp" manually after NM
set "".
Then the card will generate the events correctly.

Would it be difficult to poll the status of the card first, before
waiting for the events?

    Best regards
    Martin