Re: NetworkManager and Madwifi connection loss

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 20:08 +1300, Simon Geard wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 12:47 -0500, Darren Albers wrote:
> > I have been watching Ath5k development and I hope it will resolve
> > these
> > issues since the author's won't be tied into working with a closed HAL.
> > In the meantime I would try and steer clear of Atheros based cards if
> > possible.
>
> Speaking of those drivers, do you know what state they're in with regard
> to joining the mainline kernel? Was reading up on them recently, and
> noticed that while they were in the 2.6.23 -mm kernels, there's no
> mention of them in the 2.6.24 -mm patch list.

ath5k is in linville's wireless-2.6/everything, which is upstream for
wireless drivers.  They certainly won't be in 2.6.24 since they aren't
in good enough shape yet.  They seem on-track to hit 2.6.25 though.
ath5k doesn't yet support late-model N-capable chipsets that have
recently started appearing though, since the hardware there hasn't been
reverse-engineered yet and the register layouts are apparently
different.