IPADDR/PREFIXLEN

Hi hackers!
I found one NetworkManager problem in openSUSE but it's related also to
other distributions.

# If using a static configuration you have to set an IP address and a
netmask
# or prefix length. The following examples are equivalent:
# 1) IPADDR=192.168.1.1
#    NETMASK=255.255.255.0
# 2) IPADDR=192.168.1.1
#    PREFIXLEN=24              # NETMASK will be ignored
# 3) IPADDR=192.168.1.1/24     # NETMASK and PREFIXLEN will be ignored

Above are 3 possibilities how to write static network configurations
into ifcfg-(device) files. But NetworkManager understads only first one.

src/backends/NetworkManagerSuSE.c lines 661-688

I checked also other distributin sources and the same problem is
everywhere. Before I start to play with it I want to ask -  anybody
solved it yet? Or I need to start from scratch?

Thanks,
Michal
--
Best Regards,